Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday, November 8th 182/336 shot #27

OK, no more poetry per M's instruction. I just did shot #27 and time will tell the outcome. I've been doing pretty well for the last 6 weeks, not much to complain about. I guess my biggest problem is the boredom I experience. Tx makes me tired and lethargic and the thought of doing things is taxing. It's hard to describe, but the process of thinking about reading, or painting or talking on the phone is tiring. I never thought that thinking could be tiring but it is. Magda's school is very intense for her, particularly at this time in the semester.

This economy is very strange. It seems to be all smoke and mirrors. It's only a matter of time before families start to collapse under the economic strain of energy, mortgages and inflation. I don't know how some of my acquaintances are making ends meet. I went to 25% cash in my portfolio on Monday, leaving 37% in bonds and 37% in mutual funds. I might lighten up again next month depending on how things look. This war has been a disaster of epic proportions. Think of all the good things we could have done with the money. It's projected to cost every man, woman and child $8,000.00. All this so Bush can show the world what a big dick he has. All is well and by for now.

Dolores Street, 1978

2 comments:

magda said...

Yes Terry, from what it looks like Bush has a small dick

Not Blank said...

My 401K is probably 50% cash, 50% large cap funds, I'm tired of fiddeling with it. I never do well in bond funds, I have some real U.S. savings bonds my parents bought in 1986 that still have another 9 years till they stop earning interest. At this stage in my life, I'd rather sleep well now than eat well later!