Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday, Novemeber 25th 199/336

Well, tomorrow will be 200 days into tx. As Jerry Garcia once said, "What a long strange trip it's been!" Thanks Jerry, you are partially at fault here. It's a wonder any of us are still alive after all the misbehaving we did. Of all the people I hung with during the summer of love in SF, we all have the Hep C, except for those who are already dead from cirrosis or liver cancer. The ones I know of, Bob Alacia (AKA the Snake), Skip Chambers, Albert Patane, and Sal Sabella (killed in a shoot out with the police). And then there's the suicides, Tom Balestrieri, Nick Paolini, Brad Paulsen, Roy Buell, and my dear friend Jimmy Plaja. I'll let the dead rest in peace.

Those were very hard times, our government was trying to kill us by drafting us and sending us to Viet Nam. We would all get incredibly fucked up before we went to the draft board. That worked for awile and then they drafted me anyway. I told them I wasn't interested and they let me off.

Oh well, enough about how I find my self 199 days into tx. Starbuck's, dog to the river, 3 hour nap, bath, dinner, empty the dihwasher (my permanent job), Sven and Magda over for a visit. Anti biotics are kicking my ass, when they should be saving my ass. All is well and by for now.

Jerry Garcia

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Funny!!!
But sad, all the friends you lost.
I blame Lyndon B. Johnson & Richard Nixon for my Hep C. If I hadn't been so disillusioned with the US after Vietnam and Watergate, I wouldn't have left for the South Pacific, wouldn't have met the future-ex, wouldn't have had a child with him, & wouldn't have had a C-section and that fateful blood transfusion with my hybrid variety of Hep C in it in Suva, Fiji. (But, if I had stayed in the US, I could have met someone ele, had a baby, blood Xfusion - and gotten that type 1 variety that was going around here.) Nonetheless, Johnson and Nixon, Lee Harvey Oswald, too - it's their fault, even for yours, there probably wouldn't have been a Summer of Love in '67 if JFK hadn't been assasinated.

Me said...

It does seem that many from the 60's have suffered needlessly from various ailments and things, and yes, of course it's hushed if the government had any involvment.

I mean, the government did practice immunizing soldiers and children with the old metal needles, one after another without proper sterilization. It would be a curiosity to see how many became infected by that method.