Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday, November 2nd 176/336

Shot #26 last night, slept 12 hours and got up feeling good. This medicine is the strangest shit ever, you never know when it's going to take you out. I took the bus downtown to my lawyer's office and as we went through Chinatown, an elderly Asian man fell and landed on my lap. We laughed and he sat next to me. He could barley speak English but we had a nice talk anyway. His wife never gives him any money and makes him clean the house and then she sends him out to ride the bus all day. He seemed OK with it. Went to Starbuck's and then the attorney's office. The next bus I took found me sitting next to SF comedian Bob Sarrlott. We went to high school together and we had a nice chat about mutual friends. He's been in several films but I forget what they are. Went to Chow for lunch with Jesse, Pete, Mike, Jamie and Pete's asst Brad. That was really fun, Jamie used to work with me and now he is the managing broker at Hill & Company Real Estate. He also goes into San Quentin on Sunday nights as the Buddist priest for the Buddist inmates. I went to see American Gangster and I really enjoyed it. I got chemo brain about halfway through the film, but what else is new. I'm fortunate that I can function most of the time. My final bus ride had me sitting next to a man who was talking out loud and he started to bother me so I asked him, "Are you taking your meds?" he asked, "Can you hear my thoughts?" and I told him yes. A very interesting day on public transportation. Trader Joe's is around the corner from the loft and I bought some sushi for dinner. I take the train back to Carmichael tommorrow. All is well and bye for now

Ballerina, 2000

1 comment:

Not Blank said...

Films that I saw on treatment that I need to rent, so I can understand what happened: The Departed and that C.I.A. film with Matt Damon? and Angeleina Jolie!!