Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday, November 11th 185/336

Got up at 10:00, went to Starbuck's and then off to Bambino's in Cole Valley for lunch with my old friend Millicent Buxton-Smith(Sounds rich huh). Mill treated 48 weeks 2 years ago and relapsed 4 weeks after she finished. A sad story indeed, I hope I fare better when I'm done. Mill has been selling houses she owns in SF and buying apartment buildings in SF, good for her. Mill had such a hard time on tx, she couldn't believe how well I was doing, could have fooled me. After lunch, I came home and then M and I walked along the beach for a few miles. I actually felt better when I finished than when I started.

The beach is closed as a super tanker drove into the Bay Bridge and 58,000 gallons of diesel fuel was spilled in the Bay, What's really irritating is that the Coast Guard called the pilot and told him he was going to hit the bridge and he told them they were wrong. Big ass Boo Boo! This usually stunning beach was sadly all blocked off by cleaning crew, who has been working around the clock to clear the 58,000 gallons oil that spilled. The rescue society has been working to salvage the birds and the sea lions many of whom are already dead. Interestingly, the animals that have been covered in oil the most are the ones that have the highest rate of survival.

My dog is very tired from his multiple walks. Tomorrow it's off to lunch with Ainslee Tillbrook(love that girl's name). Tomorrow night M and I are off to a lecture by an anthropologist on the Orphans of Rawanda, a group I support. M and I are both very happy we didn't sell the loft. All is well and bye for now.

Brooklyn Bridge and Twin Towers, 1980

2 comments:

TeaStarWitch said...

Happy you are doing good and very sad for your friend. What's her plan of treatment now?

Terry Lee said...

She doesn't know. She'll probably retreat down the road.