Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday, November 9th 183/336

Today was a post shot day and I slept all afternoon. I feel like I'm wasting my life on this treatment, every day is the same, and I feel 90 years old. The treatment has beat me down again, it just takes too long and there is no end in sight. I should be painting and biking and going to school and traveling, instead, I feel like a shut in. Ok, enough whining!

Tomorrow M and I are off to SF for Saturday, Sunday & Monday, a change of scene will do me good. Tomorrow we have lunch with Sven and the other Magda and dinner with Masako, aka ur geshia gurl. Sunday, it's lunch with Millicent and Dave. Mill treated 2 years ago, had a terrible time and then relapsed at 2 months. Her husband Dave is a physician and he founded the Haight Ashbury Medical Clinic in SF. He's a director at Betty Ford and Bill Clinton had him as a final candidate for the drug Czar a few years ago. He is now president of the International Council of Addictive Medicine. Quite the character, ta boot. It should be fun. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Not Blank said...

You're eating well (or at least frequently), you're catching up on sleep, most importantly - you're handling this very well. It's only one year out of a possible 80+ years - hang in there, it's worth doing to increase your odds of enjoying the next 20+ years.

TeaStarWitch said...

I know exactlly how you feel about this treatment, I used to feel the same, one day is no different than the other, waisted time and life. But an end does come, even my treatment is finishing : )
Hang in there