Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tuesday, March 4th 299/336

Today was an OK day. Nothing special, just OK. My friend J has stage 3 liver disease and his insurance company is denying him coverage. What a joke!

As I get closer to the end of my tx I’m starting to wonder what I’ll be like when I’m done. I feel as though I’ve been in a coma or a dream and I don’t feel at all present. Often, discussions are ended based on the fact that I’m told I’m being self righteous. Sometimes it’s true and sometimes it’s not, I can't tell which is which. It seems the act of disagreement often triggers the self righteous card being played. As soon as I see that coming I stop talking as I don’t have the rational to know what’s true and what isn’t. Last year, I followed a psychiatrist who committed himself at 44 weeks claiming to have lost his mind. M says that all of us need to be committed(the Hepsies). I really can’t wait to have this done, the tx is so hard mentally, it just goes on and on.

All is well and by for now

4 comments:

Me said...

I can relate to your feelings in not knowing whether or not to trust yourself right now. I'm having the same issues.

I don't know whether or not to make decisions, and I kind of feel like I'm just floating along.

Tx is the strangest experience on earth.

kodai's mom: masako said...

OMG! Loved the photo!!!

My Other Blog said...

How can your friend's insurance deny his treatment? Is he appealing? Are they saying he's too sick for it or not sick enough?

Terry Lee said...

I think the problem is in the paper work. I also think his dr is in over his head. I'd like to see him go to the Gish Group in SF. His biopsy was a 3.