Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday, March 23rd 318/336

Last night we went to the gay bar for M’s Bday. I hadn’t been but once before several years ago. Last time I went I liked it because it was a funky big bar. They had square dancing and rap and some other noise I can’t name but the place was fun. Now, they have rebuilt it to the tune of 5 or 6 million dollars and it feels like something out of Las Vegas. 2 stories, open balconies, swimming pool and 3 dance floors, all with a very confused, gay, straight, cross dressing, transgender crowd. Allin all it seemed as though there were about 600 people in there.

I thought my glass of diet coke was in front of me and I took a huge sip. It turns out that it was someone else’s cocktail and it was surpising how lit I got immediately. My fingers tingled and my mind smiled. This was an accident so my sobriety is still intact after 15 years. We stayed until midnight and I paid the price today. The moral of the story, don’t go to gay bars when you’re on chemo therapy.

My daughter had a good time and her and M have become very good buddies.

Tonight M and I are off to Masako and Eddie's for birthday cake.

All is well and by for now


Les Girls

2 comments:

Me said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I'm so glad you were able to get out and live a little.

How was the noise for you? I've found my ears are super-sensitive during tx. Have you had any problems with that?

Terry Lee said...

I'm sensitive to some noises, plates clicking etc. The gay club music got to me after awhile.