Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday, October 24th 167/336

Today, while walking the dog to the river I was thinking about the postive things that have happened to me as the result of this treatment. Believe it or not, there are several. I have cleared the virus, I have benefited science as the result of being in a trial, my treatment is free, I have lost 15 pounds, my blood pressure is very low, I've become very strong mentally, M and I have gotten very close, and I have discovered prozac. The best thing about treatment is the time it gives you to think about what you want to do with the rest of your life. I have opened my heart to doing some positive things for the world. I spent the better half of my life making money, I was good at it, and now it seems time to give some of it away. So far, I have endowed a full 4 year scholarship with books, clothing, med insurance, housing, and tuition for a gifted orphaned young adult in Rawanda. I have sponsored a 6 year old girl in Ethiopia and today, I sponsered a 6 year old girl in Haiti. This is just the beginning and this is all very new to me. My experiencing tx knocked me down for awhile but now I'm bigger than it is, I have no fear and I don't care about the sides, I have learned compassion and I have the power to really make a difference. When I'm done, It's back to art school one semester a year and lots of traveling. All is well and bye for now.

An unhappy Holloween in Southern California

2 comments:

TeaStarWitch said...

Terry, you are a positive, amazing and kind person. I don't know what this world would be like it there were more people like you. Probably it would be paradise.

Unknown said...

Re: Halloween in S. Calif...I live in Southern California...what a week it was.