Saturday, October 27, 2007

Stuarday, October 27th 170/336

Today I have felt like a puddle of water on the sidewalk. Gravity is pushing me down and I'm tired all day, so what else is new? This happens often during the 40-48 hours after I inject. The interferon is pegulated which means it releases twice during the week. The first comes after about 10 hours and I hardly notice a thing. The second release can be pretty tough sometimes. A doctor explained how the meds work and the following is the best I've heard to discribe it. If you think of Hep C as as the enemy in a war then the Interferon is the "shock & awe" and the Ribavirin is the Marines, fighting the virus on the ground. Of the 80 people in my group(Arm 1), I'm told that only 34% cleared the virus by 12 weeks. I am one of the fortunate few. This is compared to the Protease arms which I'm told had a 79% clearance rate. All is well and bye for now.

The Nile at sunset @ Luxor, Egypt, 2004

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great description of the "Shock & Awe" and Marines...

TeaStarWitch said...

I feel the same, Terry, but it does come to an end! Remember this and it will make your life easier.