Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tuesday, January 8th 243/336

Another good day is turning out to be a good week. Today I’m off to SF via the train to spend a few days in the City. Don’t worry, this is an authorized trip pre approved by the big M. M drove me to the station and told me not to steal the NY Times as she would be in school till 6:00 and she wouldn’t be able to bail me out of jail. I said I wouldprobably pay for it today. Well, mystery solved, they were all sold out. The train leaves at 12:10 and stops at Davis, Fairfield, Vallejo. Richmond, Berkeley and Emeryville. The Amtrak bus takes me from Emeryville to Fisherman’s Wharf and then I walk the 5 blocks to the loft in North Beach.

Took a 2 hour nap and then went to Safeway. Lunch this Thursday with Mike, Jesse, and Pete. My friend Chloe Alexander died on Friday and I am going to her service this Friday.

M and I have a friend and she has the hepsie. She went to the GI and he said that from her blood work he could tell that she has advanced liver damage. Another one joins the club. It seems as though our age is starting to factor in to our hepsie damage. Old hippies don’t die, they just go on interferon.

All is well and bye for now.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Sorry to hear about the friend who passed away.

The friend who has the "Hepsie" has a perfect friend and role model in you.

I amagine that somewhere near that loft is a Starbucks with a good newspaper!

Enjoy my friend.

My Other Blog said...

Your friend who has Hep C needs to have a liver biopsy to determine the extent of liver damage. I'd be wary of a doctor who says he can predict the amount of liver damage based on blood tests.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, Terry :(

Hey, I've been riding the 'groovy train' the past 3 days..woo hoo! Can you believe only 11 shots left? xxx, denise

Terry Lee said...

My friend will get the biopsy next week. She is symtomatic and has the red spots near her neck. Her bloods were bad and he said he could assume she was between a 2 and a 4. She's scared shitless.

Hi Denise, so glad to hear your doing better, This tx really can take you out as we both know all to well.

someone said...

There are more than ex hippies Terry..... I know in the UK for every one of me that knows they have HCV they're are 9 others walking around that don't know they have got it...will they unwittingly spread it ? Those that have it from transfusion that may have been very young at the time......warmest regards ...jb ex hippy.....;-)