Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday, January 28th 263/336

All through my treatment I have been having very vivid and detailed dreams that have mirrored my sub conscience.

It does seem that the combo meds do bring out many demons of the past as our regressed physic is brought to the forefront and any unfinished emotion will slowly creep up during treatment. I don’t think that there is anyone on these meds or who have been on these meds has not faced regressed feelings and are rummaging through them now as the interferon and riba unlocks doors to the past.

For the first part of the treatment, I had recurring dreams of delightful conversations between me and my ex wife, more like pipe dreams, I suppose. I wouldn’t want to be with her, but I would have enjoyed a friendship, if it were allowed. Mark Twain said it best when he said, “Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned”. Now the dreams have passed so I take that as closure and resolution for me. I have always wished her the best and I hope she can let go so she can get better.

My more recent set of dreams have to do with my father. I never liked him, even as a child. I saw him very early on to be an evil jerk. He died 11 years ago and I never shed a tear. Prior to his passing we had not talked for 29 years. It has been 40 years since we had any interaction at all. I had a dream last week and he and I met. I looked at him in all sincerity and said, “I really don’t like you and my only regret is that I didn’t kill you when I had the chance”. Well, I’m glad I finally got that one off my chest. Stay tuned!

All is well and bye for now

The end of our walk

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad. I just wanted to tell you that you are the best dad. Thank god, nothing like your father. And I love you

My Other Blog said...

It's good that you finally got to say that, even if only in a dream.
(Nice river!)

Laurie said...

One of the very best gifts in life is your childs love!

Your Father robbed himself of that...it is sad. I can never understand it.

You have got to be proud that you are not anything like him.

You are a Dad :)