Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday, January 5th 240/336

I’m having a reprive from tx, I’m having a good week with little or no sides……..So far! One never knows what’s coming with this stuff. In order to post my blog I have to drive over to the apartment that we lived in while we remodeled our house. I park on the street and sit in the car and post the days report through their airport wireless. All of the phones on our block are dead until at least Monday. We forget how often we use the net until it’s not there anymore.

Today M is scrounging the neighborhood for oranges that the storm has blown out of peoples’ trees. My little commie is really jazzed about the prospect of getting free food, just like in the old country. The neighborhood is a mess from the storm and many big trees were just snapped in half by the winds. Fortunately, our house escaped the wrath of the storm. Several houses have been crushed by falling trees and there is 10 feet of new snow in the Sierras.

So far, my 100 day treatment plan is working well, stay tuned for further updates. DSL is back!

All is well and bye for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids do the same thing. There is a tree of lemons by their school. The lady that owns them lets my kids pick them. They came home with about 20 of them. Every so often they bring home more. We drink lots of lemonade.

Laurie said...

Presents from the storm! Yea Haw! lol fresh O.J.! Ya Can't beat it!

;-)

When I was a kid living in Florida, the hurricanes and tornado's made the oranges pretty dangerous during a storm....coconuts where deadly. Hell sometimes they did more damage then the trees themselves.

Again I'm so glad you both are safe and that the storm left your home undamaged!

Tell M that I said "Hi" and that Jimmy and I are thinking about you both!

I hope your "funk" has passed for good and that you continue to have awesome days.

Lots of hugs,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Glad you are safe and your house is secure. Shame they don't have free hair coloring then you would have come out ahead with the free oranges