Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Tuesday, January 1st 236/336

Tomorrow the countdown begins, the final tx 100. I will be so glad when this is done.
I was a slug all day as the meds have beat me down to a mere shadow of my former self. At the start I was always happy and positive, now, I’m just a plain old beat dog. I feel and act like a walking sack of chemicals, extremely tired and very cross and edgy. Feeling like a shut in and resisting the urge to isolate are a couple of my challenges. I don’t recommend doing this unless you have to when you get near your 60’s. Your body just doesn’t bounce back like it used to. I feel as though I should start the song, “100 bottles of beer on the wall, 100 bottles of beer, take one down and pass it around, 99 bottles of beer on the wall….

3 comments:

someone said...

Terry have you tried guarana for a pick me up.. I used it on treatment and found it gave me a lift when I needed it.....you're on the countdown now but don't you find counting the days rather than the weeks (seeing as it's a weekly injection) make it seem longer?
14 weeks is not bad......nearly there.....

Anonymous said...

Aw, Terry - sending you a special hug. So many times I'll check your blog to see how you're doing and see that you're writing about exactly what I'm feeling. That sympatico helps me keep saying, Okay, I can DO this - just focus on one more week. Gosh - gotta go look agt the calendar but I think tomorrow's shot (or is it today??) will be number 36...Only 12 left, dude. We're almost there!

Terry Lee said...

I have tried it and it has worked for me. Now that I'm into the double digits, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. The holidays have always been a challenge for me and the holidays on tx are very hard. I feel better now that they have passed and I'm looking forward to finishing. I caught a break today and I'm feeling groovy, Thanks to you and Chrissy for checking in.