Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday, January 17th 252/336 Shot #37

Yesterday a big beautiful robin flew against our plate glass window and knocked itself out. I tried to revive it with no luck so I placed it in a safe place and I hoped for the best but I figured it was curtains. When I checked on it today it was gone so I think it made it.

Today was a study doctor day. When I arrived, my 2 nurses and my GP thanked me for the Starbuck’s cards I gave them at Christmas. I looked through my 30 week bloods and found the following:

Viral Load=Undetectable

Hemoglobin=12.9

Platlets=211

White bloodcell count=2.78

ANC=1600

Glucose=91

Hemocrit=4040

WBC 2.72

ALT=23

AST=34

Everything is looking good

Some of the forums I belong to have been discussing gradually reducing Interferon at the end of tx as a means of putting your immune system back on track. She said that she’s read a study that showed Sustained viral response(think cure) to be the same with gradual withdrawl and rapid cessation. Her take is “You either kill it or you don’t”

All is well and by for now

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

You're in a study and can't reduce gradually.. Trust me, your body won't want anymore interferon after 48 weeks, or if it does, you just have to show it who's boss. All your blood numbers look really good.

PATSY said...

Looks like you have strong bone marrow too - Great bloods. I don't know about the gradual withdrawal - I think in our cases with HCV - less is not more!
Have a great weekend.