Saturday, December 01, 2007

Saturday, December 1st, 205/336

I had to wake up early today as it’s a fly day. M wanted me to go with her to Peet’s for coffee but I held my ground. I had to play the “I’m going to cry card” and, strange as it seems, it worked and off to Peet’s she went. This trip is going to be a lot of fun. We each bought new cold weather coats online from Paragon Sports in NYC. They are very warm and very light weight. Our friend David owns a limo company in SF and he complimented us a ride to SFO, We got free 1st class tickets from miles and we trade our loft in SF for Nigel’s loft in NYC. It’s big and funky and the price is right.

I was questioned about my peg-intron syringe at security. I said that I had sharps and he asked “What’s that?” I just said I was on chemo and I needed it. He put it through the scanner 4 times, called his super and then asked me what was around it. I said, a box and an ice pack. Off I went,

The pilot was a real stickler with the seat belt sign and I had to chance an arrest to use the rest room, The crew was understanding and I got away with my infraction. We arrive at 7:30, take the cab to the loft, and then settle in. I like flying and I don’t feel any worse from my tx. Like I told my GP, Mary Pat Pauly, I can be tired on the couch or on a plane or in NYC, it doesn’t matter where I am, I’m still going to be tired so I have decided to power through and make the best of it. Tomorrow is the Hepsie lunch and it should be a lot of fun. We’re meeting with Tea Star Witch, who takes her 72nd and last shot tonight, Uncertain, who has treated and is now cured, and Laurie, who takes her first jab next week; I’m in for 30 weeks out of 48. I’d rather not do this but there is a lot of data out showing age 65 as the age when the Hepsie really takes over and destroys one’s liver. I guess that’s why my other GP said I had 4 or 5 years before I got in trouble. Let’s hope it woks, so far, so good, I think I’m around 65% for a permanent cure based on my EVR(early viral response) at 8 weeks. That’s up from 45% at the start. All is well and bye for now.


Battery Park, Lower Manhattan, 1998

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you look extra hot in the sexy jacket in NY!
Enjoy guys!