Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thursday, December 6th 210/336 Shot #31

210 days into treatment and today I feel as though it never happened. I have had 4 great days in a row where I haven’t been tired or sick. Peg and Riba must really enjoy getting out of town. We had a really fun trip and I caught a big break the last few days. Went to bed at 11:00 and got up at 5:45 and I wasn’t tired at all. Strange brew interferon and Rebetol. Today, I am very optimistic about having the perseverance to endure another 126 days. I take my 31st shot tonight so all this will probably change tomorrow. I think that meeting with my hepsie buddies has reenergized me. It’s so great to know that there are people I can lean on who have finished and new hepsies who I can show the way. The waiting is the worst part and there are some bad times but all in all it’s been much easier than I had anticipated. And, the virus is undectable.

The flight left on time and we arrived at 12:20pm. We grabbed a cab to my loft, picked up my truck and beat it up to Carmichael to our house in the trees by the river. I did my shot with my left hand while riding in the car as I needed a thrill, isn’t it that sad that it’s come to that. I was so happy to see my dog; he’s like my kid. Unpack, bath, and bed. All is well and bye for now.

2 comments:

Me said...

I'm glad to hear your trip has re-energized you and lifted your spirits. It's just the respite that was needed.

My Other Blog said...

Show off!!! Left-handed while in a car - I can't imagine!