Monday, December 03, 2007

Monday, December 3rd 207/336

I really overdid it yesterday and I paid the price today. I woke up early and out of it. All the activity and the time change and the flight left me tired and brain fogged. We went to lunch at a great little Japanese restaurant and then M and I went to Loman’s and C21 for shoes. None caught her eye. Tomorrow it’s off to Soho. We took the train to Catham, New Jersey to see my brother and his family. While we were in the station M decided that she saw a similarity between my “brain fog” behavior and that of the character played by Dustin Hoffman in “Rain man”. Ha ha, what a wit. The visit and dinner in NJ was fun and then we caught the train home at 9:00. We had another little incident at the Penn station. The conductor announced the end of the line and said for all to get off. Me and everyone else got off the train except for M. I waited and waited for her on the platform but she was not to be found. I figured that she must have taken the other door and that she would be upstairs waiting, not! I got a phone call and asked her where she was. She said that she was still on the train and the shift was changing. I screamed, “Get off the fucking train”. “But why, where are you?” Again, “Get off the fucking train, you’re going back to New Jersey, come upstairs”. She said, “I’m not doing anything until you come and get me.” “Come to the sidewalk, I don’t know where you are”. She said, “this is the last time I travel with you on this medication”. Oh yeah, “at least I had enough sense to get off the fucking train!” You can imagine the rest, “Chemo Brain” and “Polish” jokes were exchanged. Abandonment was also mentioned as one of my less admirable qualities. I can’t wait for this day to end and to go to sleep for 12 hours. All is well and bye for now

Iris(cured), TL(30 weeks undetectable) M & Jim(Non Hepsies) Laurie(starts soon) Teah(took last shot, #72 Saturday, 60 weeks undetectable)

4 comments:

Laurie said...

The Subway is nuts!! lol...poor M!
And she didn't even find a pair of shoes she liked!

I have no idea how Teah does the subway all the time all the time. I'd be lost ever single day!

I hope your head clears and energy returns soon. One bad thing about traveling...it taxes your body when you're healthy, you must be totally wiped out by now!

Hope the rest of your trip is fun.

Tell M that I said "Hi".

Lots of hugs
Laurie

My Other Blog said...

Rain Man??? I detected no idiot savant qualities in you on Sunday, but M. sees you all the time, so I'm sure she knows you better! You two need to tie yourselves together if you take any more subways, so you don't lose each other. What would you have done in the days before cell phones?
Enjoy the rest of your trip! You can rest when you get back home. BTW, IMHO, flying west is easier on the old body that flying east.

pixie said...

Hey you look lkie you all had fun....And all looking so healthy hard to tell the heppers and nonheppers apart....
Wish i`d been there with you all...perhaps one day.....CXX

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh... I had to laugh... :))