Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday, February 15th 281/336

Guest Bloger Magda

Terry and I attended a funeral today, of one of my real estate clients, Bobbie. Bobbie and his wife June have become good friends of ours, we went to New York together couple of years ago, and on the way back Bobbie got sick with a bacterial lung infection from which he never recovered. He passed away undiagnosed last Monday. His ashes will be placed in a bird bath in his garden amongst the beloved roses and birds to whom he talked. This was one of the most emotional funerals for me, because I admired, respected and loved him. June and Bobbie are like a family to me and his death at such a young age of 73, left a lot of sadness behind. The birds will cry, the roses will miss him and the rest of us are in deep mourning…

All is well and by for now

3 comments:

kodai's mom: masako said...

I am very sorry to hear about this.
If you can, let all out.
I was amazed how much I could cry at the yoga studio when I lost my grand-pa.

My Other Blog said...

I'm so sorry. 73 IS young these days.

someone said...

Funerals are very hard for me even those of people I don't really know... it's those left behind that gets to me... the fact that someone you know,care about or love wont be there anymore..it's the finality of it.... you're left with memories and nothing more and there wont be anymore time to spend with the departed to create any more memories... there in lies the rub... I have lost people and it hurts....but the saying is... time is a healer ..... as the time passes and you go through your memories the pain becomes less as you think back to those good days, those memories are precious keep them safe... regards jb