Thursday, July 19, 2007

thursday, July 19th 71/336 Shot #11

Woke up feeling groovy. I went to the doctor today and everything looks good so far. Hg is hanging in at 13.4 and the plats are 178. Nuets are OK too and the whites are 2.98, so they too are holding. My study has 7 people in it. All 7 of us are clear with me being the last at 8 weeks. 5 are on the Protease Inhibitor w/Peg & Riba and 2 of us are on just Peg & Riba. The staff is very encouraged that we have all cleared and that we have all done so quickly.

After the doctor I went to the university library and copied 7 articles that I need for the rest of the semester in race and ethnicity. That was quite and experience, learnig how to do it. OK, I'm glad that's over with. I wonder why I didn't do all of this when I went to school 40 years ago. I guess it was the drugs, ya tink? Tonights shot night, oh goody, I get to poison myself again! Whatever it takes to slay the dragon is OK by me. Bye for now.


Wyoming, 2001

3 comments:

Not Blank said...

7 of you at one doctor's practice, that's encouraging! Maybe you can all get together? I felt as if I was the only Hep C patient being treated by my doctor's entire practice (6 or 7 doctors). The good part of that was that the nurses and nurses' aides were terrified of me and did what they could to get me out of the waiting room a.s.a.p....not that I would have attacked another patient, I just complained a lot, mostly about the TV in the office blasting medical infomercials the entire time I was there and once tried to organize a mutiny to pull the plug on it... :[

ron said...

Hi Terry
Shot # 11 already. How time flies - not sure it seems that way to you though!

Glad to see it going so well and you clear already. That's a really strong sign for a good outcome, although you probably know that already :-)

Wishing you well
Ron

Terry Lee said...

Hi Ron, thanks for checking in and for your kind words.

All my best T