Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday, July 23rd 75/336

The fatigue is getting worse every week. This morning I woke up after 9 hours asleep, had breakfast, took my pills and then took it easy. The fatigue is unlike any I've known in that gravity appears to have twice it's normal pull. I can't get motivated to do too much. I snapped out of it today at 4:00PM. I usually clear around 11:00 or 12:00 on Monday so it seems the drugs are beating me down. I'm off to school as I go Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:40. I hope that tomorrow I can ride my bike, even if it means being wiped out on Wednesday. I really benefit from taking control and excercising, although it seems like it's getting harder as time goes by. I really think the Prozac is saving my ass as I'm not depressed and I don't have the infamous "Riba Rage" Bye for now.

Shirt, 1980

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Terry, I have been feeling so intimidated by your 15 mile bike rides. All I want to do is NOTHING..I had one day last week when I had some energy. I do have absolutely no trouble with sleeping. How hard do you push yourself to get on the bike? I am on Pegasys/Ribavirin. After 8 weeks I have been getting concerned about spending the next 40 weeks as a brainless-slug..(but I will not throw in the towel). 10 minutes on the treadmill is an accomplishment for me...

Terry Lee said...

Hi Sara Jones, I know what you mean, it seems like such a long time to be on tx. The bike ride is hard and I do have to push myself. When I start, it's really hard both mentally and physically. By the time I get to the river(2 miles) I start to get into it. Sometimes, at around 10 miles, I get dizzy and I have to lay down for a few minutes before I can start again. But, "just do it" is my mantra and I'll just do it as long as i am able, even if it get's harder.

Not Blank said...

Terry - wake up! it's Tuesday, write something!

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Hi Terry,

I used to feel like just stopping and not ever riding again whilst I was on treatment. I must have felt like that nearly every time, especially through the winter when the trails were soaking wet and the mud just kept flicking up into my face and also I would wait until it was dark before I went out and ride around my local park (Richmond Park) when the main gates were locked so I could be alone in there. I never mentioned this in any of my posts over on my blog, I just seemed to be on automatic and absolutely just knew that that was what I needed to do to get through 48wks of tx in the best shape I could have. 'Just do it' was something I would kind of tell myself for every ride. And just do it I did. And now I am here six months after finishing tx and am fitter than ever and Hep C free to boot. I may have made it look easy to people reading my blog but I assure you it wasn't at all. I pushed myself and even when I felt like turning around and locking the bike away in the garage forever I would continue day after day after day.
Looking back I really don't know how I did it...I just don't have a clue! But hell am I glad that I did!

Keep up the good work:)

Jae

TeaStarWitch said...

Riba rage! Tell me about it! Great that you don't have to experience it!