Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday, July 28th 80/336

One of the drugs I take is Peg-Intron Interferon. I take this as a shot on Thursday evening. The "Peg" is short for pegulated. Pegulated means that it releases over time in the course of a week. The first release occurs following the shot.It starts the next day in the morning and makes me sick until the afternoon. I really don't get sick so much as I get so tired I can't function but I can't sleep, almost comatose. The second release occurs around 40 hours post injection. I got hit with that today and it didn't clear till 5 this afternoon. I slept most of the day but now I'm feeling much better. I finished my paper and now I'm going to start on the next one. I hope that tomorrow is better and maybe I can ride the bike. Bye for now.

San Francisco Sunrise, 2003

4 comments:

TeaStarWitch said...

Keep yourself strong. The more you exercise the less is pain. It's just sometimes we don't have that much energy to make ourselfs feel better. Oh, it's so tiring.
Wishing you the best!
Love and hugs
T

TeaStarWitch said...

I love your pictures!!!!!!!! They are peice of art!

Not Blank said...

It's nice that Peg-Intron is so predictable! With Pegasys, the side effects changed from week to week, there was no pattern I could understand except that the actual shot day wasn't too bad - so eventually, I was doing my shots at 7:AM to have one good day a week. And I never heard of anyone on Peg-Intron who complained about lack of sleep, vs. which much have caffeine in it!

Not Blank said...

...vs. Pegasys which much have caffeine in it. (Both Tea and I are correcting ourselves & adding to posts tonight!)