Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday, July 29th 81/336

Woke up this morning and felt OK. Had breakfast, read the paper and went back to bed for 2 hours. Got back up, read the New York Times, ate 2 fig Newtons and went back to bed for yet another hour. Magda started to harass me about being such a slug. "How do you feel?"" I have chemo brain! and I'm very tired. If you really want to know how i feel it's like this, I'm walking around life at the bottom of a swimming pool and all of my thoughts and movements are very heavy because of the resistance of the water." Enough whining for the day.

M said, "you have to go to the gym with me and you're going to go swimming!" I decided that it would be more work to fight her than it would be to go to the gym, so off we went. I did my usual wights and reps but they were harder because it has been so long since I've been. Swimming was refreshing, and I must say, Magda was right.....Again. Maybe the bike ride tomorrow? Bye for now.

Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, 2001

2 comments:

DJLSFO said...

Magda is often right.....

TeaStarWitch said...

The more you move the better you feel! I've learned it from my own experience. Now I swim in the ocean every day. Walking is great too. I'd love to play tennis, but it's still a surreal dream.