Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday, July 1st 53/336

I went to bed last night at 10:30 and got up at 8:00. Had breakfast did some emails and then went back to bed at 9:00 and didn't wake up until 1:00. That means that I slept a total of 13.5 hours. Not since I was a teenager has that happened. Needless to say, I now feel pretty good. I'm going to try to study for my next history test on Tuesday. It is very hard to stay focused as the meds impact my ability to concentrate and stay focused. I must say that it does provide me with a diversion from my tx. Magda went off on her bike ride to Folsom Lake and she'll probably do 35 miles today. She has found biking to be her salvation as it's the only thing that she finds calming and fulfilling. She got a new bike and she really tears on it.

My friends Jonathan and Gretchen are taking a trip around the world and they wrote us form Turkey. We are going to school on them and when I finish tx, Magda and I will do the same trip, or something close. Jonathan is in the same boat as I as he too has the hep C. He too is undicided as to treat or not to treat. Everyone reacts so differently to the drugs that it's hard to tell. Some people, like me have mild sides while some people have dibilitatiing sides every day. Still others have good days and bad days. One never knows until one steps up and does a jab. My plan was to give it a try and if it made me too sick, I would just quit. Fortunately, I think I'll be able to go the distance, twice if need be. One key to tolerating the treatment is not having to work. I think those of us on treatment who need to work during tx have a particularly hard time of it. I know I would. Bye for now.

Bridge Lights, 2002

2 comments:

ron said...

Hi Terry
Just checking in to see how you are doing. Looks good - and, sounds about right for this part of the journey!

Am really enjoying the pictures of your paintings on here by the way.

Wishing you well
Ron

Not Blank said...

Oh, 'my readers' was a joke - lost my sense of perspective on what's funny and what's not funny sometime between weeks 14 and 16. Yes, the art show is a + bonus!