Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday, May 20th 11/336

Woke up this morning feeling a little tired so I had breakfast and went back to bed for an hour. Got up again and decided it was a great day for a bike ride so Magda and I went out and did the usual 15 miles. So far, I've done 45 miles this week.

There are a lot of things that can come up over the next 46 weeks so I'm going to do as much as I can and take it one day at a time. Some of the possibilities are anemia, clinical depression and killer rashes. Hemoglobin normal count is 11 to 17 and I'm 16.9 at the start of treatment. With my numbers so high, I can take a pretty good hit before I become anemic and need rescue drugs. The interferon interferes with one's seretonin and about a third of those in treatment become clinically depressed. I demanded anti depressants prior to starting treatment. I was given prozac and it agrees with me so I can double the dose if I get in trouble. The wild card is the Riba rash. It hits people 3 or 4 months out and it's quite nasty, so, in the meantime, I just peddle like there is no tommorrow.

I havn't cut my hair for 6 months, so today I had it all cut off to 1/2 an inch. It really feels great. Bye for now.

I painted this about 10 years ago

4 comments:

Beth said...

I got a chance to read all of your posts today and I pray that I have the same easy time as you are having. You have a really good attitude and I am positive that that helps you through your journey. You do a very good job of keeping up on your postings and I hope that I can do the same. I don't know which arm I want in this study as 2 and 3 sound good due to shorter treatment time, but the longer time may mean clearing the virus for good? Can't make up my mind. My doctors office was one of the chosen ones to add 2 additional arms not sure if you heard about this. That kinda makes me think I will hit one of the two arms that they are adding? Should be starting treatment on May 31st. Keep up your wonderful attitude.

Not Blank said...

Well, now I've heard this 2 ways - my dermatologist told me it was the interferon that caused my rash, not the Ribas - whatever, not everyone gets it, but those who do get it manage to get through it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your painting. Hmmmm- did you know magda back then? It could be her 10 years ago! :) I think it's great that you can get up and bike all those bikes! You are very inspiring Dude! I'm feeling better and better, rather than worse and worse :) I'm really beginning to think that the bad days I had at the beginning were related to my allergies and sinus problems (that I already had) rather than the txt meds! Fingers crossed on that one!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL - I meant bike all those miles :) Okay, well, maybe the brain fog is related to the txt ~smile~