Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday, May 13th 4/336

PegIntron(Interferon) (Schering-Plough) is the injection I take every Thursday evening. Prior to a few years ago, people undergoing HepC treatment had to inject the interferon every day, A few years ago the interferon was pegylated. That chemistry made it possible to inject once a week as the interferon time releases in 2 peaks. My first peak hit me 13 hours after injection and consisted of some minor chills for about an hour. The second peak hits 40-50 hours after Injection. In my case, I seem to run a little late, and mine hit 58 hours post injection. We were at a party at a friends house last night and I felt a slight chill followed by a 10 minute mild hot flash. I turned to Magda and said, "The second peak just kicked in" We left the party about an hour later and when I arrived home I took my temperature-97.9.

Woke up this morning feeling great. Breakfast, cappuchino at Starbucks and then we reconfigured our home office. Around noon, I set out on my drive to San Francisco via Sonoma. Arrived in SF and settled into the loft.

Big day tomorrow. Walk to the Golden Gate bridge with David and Jimmy, then Lunch with the fabulous and famous "Tea Star Witch" who is visiting with her husband from New York. Starwitch is 43 weeks into treatment and has been a real inspiration to me as she has blogged along. Finally, dinner with my dear friend Allison. I might try to fit in a couch purchase at Room & Board sometime during the day.

Bye for Now

3 comments:

Not Blank said...

Love to you and Star - but not fair you're getting to meet her first!!! :{

TeaStarWitch said...

Terry, it was great to meet you today! You are a great person! I admire people like you, all positive and strong in spirit!
I wish you from the bottom of my heart, to have very easy ride, no side effects whatsover and stay as positive as you are now, be happy as you are now, with your beautiful girlfriend!

Terry Lee said...

Thanks Tea, it was a real treat to meet with you today. I really enjoyed our chat and all of your insights about tx. Your so strong. 9 weeks to go and your done. I don't think that you are a relapser so let that thought go:-). Have a safe flight home.