Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesday, June 20 42/336

Weird stuff these meds. I woke up today after 10 hours asleep and still felt really tired. Went back to bed at 10:00 and slept some more until 12:30. Drove to Starbuck's and had a cappachino and started to feel great again. Magda and I did the 15 mile bike ride and it was so refreshing to get out of the house and to be able to ride the 15 miles without too much trouble. As long as I can manage that once in awhile, I'll be OK.

Tomorrow I see the doctor and, hopefully, they will have my 2 week and 4 week bloods. I'd really like to know if I'm getting anywhere killing the virus.

I have fianlly memorized all of the paintings and the artists for my test tomorrow to the point I actually remember about 95% of the info. It took me exactly twice as long as it did prior to treatment.

Tx is interesting in so many ways, you learn new limits and the meds have a mind of their own. Tomorrow night will be shot #7 and we start the cycle again. Hopefully, before too long, my body will start to get used to the meds and I will get back to my free ride status.

One thing I'm finding is that old friends are avoiding my emails. I guess no one likes to be around sick people so they just pretend we don't exist. People in the HVC forum mentioned that support would dry up after the novelty wears off and I suppose that's the case here. Donna bad baby!

After some initial bumps, Magda has stepped up like a trooper. She is being incredibly supportive and loving, I'm a very lucky fella. She's been riding her bike over 100 miles a week and I've taken to calling her "Studley" She really likes that. Bye for now.

Costa Rica, 2003

1 comment:

TeaStarWitch said...

At least you can memorize stuff. My memory is screwd up completly.
And yes, friends start ignoring you as soon as you are no more fun for them. My friends got disappeared too. Well... that's life. No one wants weak people : (