Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tuesday, June 5th 27/336

I woke up today and had breakfast and went back to bed and slept until 10:00. Today is the first day of summer school and I am enrolled in Art1B. This is art history from the 15th cenutry until the present. I was going to ride my bike there and back but I whoosed out because it was cold and windy and I was tired. I may be getting close to anemic, I'll know when I do my next bloods. The summer school class is 3.5 hours on Tues/Thurs and is taught by Rosie Gilday. I had her for 1A and she had the collossal gaul to give me an A-. Not to worry, I adore her and I won't ever need to get a job, so it's OK. Speaking of jobs, I am feeling very lucky that I don't have to work while on treatment, I think that it would really raise my stress level. My brother called yesterday and said that he needs a new knee, terrible news! Hopefully, I can ride my bike tomorrow. Bye for now.

What Side effects?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA - Loved the photo - you look like a little boy in that red cap ;)!

Ya know..as it goes on, I'm even getting used to the tiredness - the 'new normal'. I am seeing the physical affects of what my bloodwork shows. We've just gotta stay on top of it that's all....and luckily, we all seem very much like 'stay-on-top-of-it' peeps :)

I, too, think it amazing that people work during treatment..and feel lucky I don't have to. I know that's just one more zinger they're being thrown trying to get thru all this....don't think I could do it! Trying to stay on top of our household (cooking 3 meals, taking care of 4 animals, laundry, vacuuming, caring for the garden, homeschooling an (almost) 8 year old extremely active child is getting to be more that I can manage somedays - LOL!!! I'm in awe!

But then, I'm also in AWE all of all you've done to go from couch potato to riding 65 miles a week on a bike, too - LOL!

Have fun today on your first day of school - I took art classes at a community college for 2 years a gazillion years ago, and absolutely loved it. Felt creative and alive - the perfect thing to be doing on treatment..being able to pursue your own passions and on not such a big load. YAY YOU!! Hope you'll share your finished 'assignments' as you go along! xxx,