Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Wednesday, August 1st 84/336

Woke up today feeling very groovy, it's almost as though I am not on the maximum dose of chemo therapy. I feel like I felt prior to tx and it's nice to remember the feeling as I've been on tx for so long, I think that I forgot what's it's like to feel normal. M has a class at 8:00 at Sac State and she brounght me home a frappachino from Peet's with 2 shots of expresso in it......Zoom!

Today is August 1st, I've always liked that day. I'm not sure why, I just know I always have. Today is the 84th day of my tx and that means I'm a quarter of the way home. I am so envious of those who only have to do 24 weeks of tx, it seems like such a snap when compared to 48 weeks. If I were a 24 weeker, I'd be headed down the home stretch. Now, instead, I'm still pushing up the hill. I've got so far to go that I don't even feel comfortable whining yet.

OMG, I felt so good I forgot to take God's pick-me-up aka Prozac. If you are contemplating treatment, get your antidepressant tolerance straightened out prior to starting tx. So many of my online tx buddies are having a hard time mentally so it's important for you to get side effects identified prior so you don't have to experiment while you're undergoing treatment.

SSRI's are just what some need to redress the chemical imbalance (Seratonin) caused by the Interferon in the brain.SSRI's are as important to some patients as the rescue drugs for low Hb and Wbc's are, they help you stay on treatment and to make treatment far more bearable. Councilling and long walks in the sunshine with not help to re-balance brain chemistry, only an SSRI will do this and usually without any other side effects either.

Treatment is doable for me as my sx's are moderate. I only get fatique, brain fog and a little neausea. I, so far, have skipped the headaches, joint aches, chills, fever, depression, and rage that so many of my pals are dealing with.

I decided that today would be a good day to take peg and Riba for a bike ride. Just do it! so I just did it. 15 miles over hill and dale. I got dizzy and sick to my stomach at the 10 mile mark and I had to rest under a shade tree. The last 5 miles were tough and I was afraid I wouldn't make it as my legs felt like rubber. It was 100 degrees out, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.......Ya think? I may be getting closer to being anemic as I got pretty winded toward the end of the ride. Bye for now.

NYSE, Acrylic on Paper, 2006

1 comment:

TeaStarWitch said...

August first always had been the "last month of vacation" for me. : )
Yeah, Prozac is probably a good idea. I don't take antiDs and become a monster sometimes. I've tried Celexa ones, did not work for me and now I'm afraid to take any other meds. Screw it, all my friends and family are afraid of me and I like it!
I've just learned, that taking Folic Acid and Vitamin B-12 prevents anemia. I'm buying it today. Give it a try too :)
All the best to you and M!
Hugs
T.