Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday, August 28th 111/336

Today the dog and I walked to the river and when we arrived he couldn't wait to get in the water. We walked up to the picnic area and I read the paper and did the crossword puzzle. I still get the SF paper because the Sacramento Bee is just too dumb for words. The squirrels were out in force because fall is coming and Billy(dog) spent an entire hour chasing them up into their trees. He's faster than they are but they change direction faster than him so they always get away. He gets within 6 inches of their bushy tail and then they zig and zag away from him. It's quite funny to watch. It was 100 degrees today and Billy and I barely made it back up the hill to the parking lot. We just kept looking at each other to see who could go the slowest. When I arrived home I had to take a 2 hour nap to recover.

The Interferon I inject has killed the remaining hair that I have on the top of my head. It hasn't fallen out, it has withered up and died. Last night I shaved my head to 1/8 of an inch and now I feel like I'm a light bulb. I'm trying to get some color in my scalp but the Ribaviren makes my scalp photo sensitive to the sun and I break out in a rash. I'm struggling to find a happy medium. Bye for now.

Magda made me salmon and rice for dinner. She is a great caregiver

3 comments:

TeaStarWitch said...

Terry, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling that poor. Hang in there, my battlefield friend.
Salmon looks great!

Not Blank said...

The salmon looks better than the stuff they served me at Outback on Sunday, which was overcooked and inedible! (Memo to self - never order seafood in a Steak restaurant.)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Terry.
I know you will still look hot with the light bulb head!
Sorry to hear about not feeling well.
We will come see you very soon!