Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wednesday, April 9th 335/336

So tonight it ends after I take my last 3 Ribavirins. Tomorrow I go to the doc for the end of treatment exam and my 48 week bloods. I will return to them again in 30, 90 & 180 days to see that I’m cured. My fingers are crossed and I have responded well and I have given it all I have, some days more, I can walk away with my head held high.

This last day will not be one that I want to embrace, I’ll respect it and I will know that I have slain the dragon. The treatment is a life changing event that shows you what you’re made of. There have been days when it has brought me to my knees. There have been days that I have cried and there have been days where I thought dying might be the best option. And now it ends, tomorrow is a new day in a new life.

All is well and bye for now

5 comments:

Me said...

Congratulations!

someone said...

Tery well done for reaching the end of this journey in one piece... I hope you get the results that we all seek... my regards and respect to you... jb

ron said...

Hi Terry
BIG Congratulations to you achieving the end of the treatment journey. It has been a tough slog at times but you've stuck with it.

And I wish you well in the outcome - you deserve PCR.

Ron

magda said...

Congratulations Terry, this was a hard treatment for you and you did splendid. You deserve a gold star : )

Jenna Lee said...

Congratulations Dad. It's all done. I am so happy. Lets make plans to celebrate.