Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Post TX-week 2 Wednesday

Live from NYC. Monday Morning I took the train back to NYC and went to the 10:00 showing of the Rolling Stones "Shine the Light" at the IMAX theater. What a great way to start the day. Next, shopping for a present for M for taking such good csre of me while I was sick. That evening I went to the Candle Cafe and was once again disappointed as the food was mediocre and they had raised the prices once again. While walking down the street, I was run out of my lane by an oncoming pedestrian and I was then run over by a lady in a wheel chair and she almost fell over. She yelled at me, "you walk to slow!" "Oh yeah, well I don't have a motor like you." I gave her a hug and we both laughed. Back to the hotel and beddy bye.

Tuesday I woke and did Starbucks and then took the subway uptown for a supercut. Thank goodness short hair in men has become all the rage. I took the subway back to Hertz on 34th Street and picked up a car. "We're sorry, we don't have any cars with never lost" "OK, that's fine, I want to buy the tank of gas." "Is it Ok if the tank is 3/8's full?" "That kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?" They then gave me a Kia. I'm all over the road with that thing because it's top heavy and I never look where I'm going anyway. I arrived in Hazelton, PA and went to the Road's End Pub and talked with my friend Jimmy for a couple of hours. Laurie is holding up well on her treatment but she's having the same hard time with it that most of us do. She's very brave and she continues to work through it. Having been there, I can look at her and know how crappy she feels.

The party was a blast and the newspaper came and we were on TV. I really enjoyed meeting the Obama people and they had made 10,000 phone calls in the county. Hazelton, went for Hillary 3-1. They were disappointed but I saw things differently. There is and under current of predjudice in the area, I'm notsure the guilty one's are the way they are except that I can attribute it to ignorance. I'm comvinced that it will be a long time before a black can carry that state.

The NY Times wrote a scathing front page article this morning calling Hilary the loser in Pennsylvania as her negativity took her spread from 20% to 10% in just 6 weeks. They as much as demanded that she stop it immeadiately as Barack seems to have endless cash and her campaign is broke. They accused her of the same divisve behavior that characterized her husband's presidency. The article really shot her between the eyes as they had previously endorsed her.

After the party, Jimmy took me for a drink with the mayor who's running for congress. We came home and I went to bed at 12:30 and awoke at 6:00 as fresh as a button. Jimmy took me on a motor tour of the area and it was really interesting to see the county. I drove back to NYC and took the wrong road into NYC. I ended up going accross the George Washington Bridge and getting into town at west 178th Street. Now I know what they mean when they say that you can't get off the New Jersey Turnpike, you really can't. I had to get the car back to W34th street and that was quite an adventure. It seems like the cabs play chicken with the regular cars. Well, not with me, honk, move over asshole. I'm surpised no one died. I got the car back in time and then took the subway to 59th street Kinko's to print my boarding pass. The phone rings, "Mr Lee, you have our keys" I took the subway back to 34th street and gave them the keys. I had 2 pieces of pizza for Breakfast and lunch and then I went and checked in my hotel off for a walk and next I'll go home and go to bed. I'm tired but it's a good tired, I like it, it's nothing remotely similar to the chemo fatigue. It makes me feel good to be human again.

Tommorrow I fly home to Sacto to be with my honey and my dog. This trip was a blast!
Many thanks to Jimmy and Laurie for showing me such a nice time.

All is well and bye for now


The Road's Grill, Hazelton, PA........Note the Blues brothers statues

4 comments:

Laurie said...

It was so awesome having you here! Thank you for hanging out with us.

You don't know how much good it did me to see just how great you're doing!

It is inspiring!

Tell M that we missed her. I hope she's feeling better.

((Hugs))
Laurie

My Other Blog said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all, except Obama... :-{

Anonymous said...

BREAKFAST!!! I knew I forgot something..I normally don't eat breakfast.... sorry hope you weren't too famished

hepkittie said...

what a brilliant photo!

travel safe and have a great weekend

xxx