Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Thursday, April 10th 336/336

From my post on day one of tx

I woke up this morning and felt like a condemned man going to the gallows. My thoughts raced about whether I was doing the right thing at the tender age of 59. How bad will the next year be? What will become of the relationship I have with my girlfriend Magda? How much damage will the treatments do to my body? How much longer am I going to live and is it worth sacrificing a year to maybe be cured. All these thoughts and more.

Today is 336 of 336 days, and so My Hep C Adventure ends as it started after a year of living in a fog. It’s really nice to wake up and not have to ingest rat poison every morning and night.

Was it bad?

Yes it was, not horrible, but I’m pretty beat up both mentally and physically. I can say that it's the hardest thing I ever had to do. It has taught me humility.

Did I do the right thing?

Check back in 6 months.

What will become of the relationship I have with my girlfriend Magda?

We had a hard time but she was a trouper and we are a stronger couple for having survived it. Three fights in 11 months aren’t too bad considering that I was insane a good part of the time.

How much damage will the treatments do to my body?

I have been fortunate in that I never had a headache, joint ache or muscle ache. I had occasional chills and extreme fatigue. My mental sides were fairly severe and only time will tell if I can concentrate and get back to my old self. I hope some hair grows back.

How much longer am I going to live and is it worth sacrificing a year to maybe get cured.

Again, check back in 6 months.

All these thoughts and more.

At the start, I promised myself I would post to my blog every day and I have kept my word, I have had nearly 13,000 page loads. As time goes by I will post now and then and try to move back into a normal existence. In the course of the past year I have had 48 interferon injections and I have taken 4522 pills.

My deepest thanks to all who have been there for me, Jenna, Uncertain, Starwitch, Laurie and Jimmy, Marsha, Jonathan, Gretchen, TVB, Chrissy, JB, Ross, Ron Metcalf, Jimmy Smith, David, Ann, Mike, Jessie, Tweedle, Masako, Pete, Denise, Ainslee, Allison, Patsy, Lamisse, Christina, Millicent, Patricia C, Sally, all on the Hep C Nomads Forum (http://hepcforum.co.uk) and the many others who have read and commented both in person and anonymously over the last year. And of course, all of my love to my life partner who’s patience and care and love have made My Hep C Adventure possible.

I’m off to live my life again; all is well and bye for now.


And adios to Hilary!

13 comments:

DJLSFO said...

No more pills! No more shots!!!

We are very proud of you, we love you, we love M, we even like you most of the time.....

This has been quite the saga, and you have done it!!!!

DJL, AKA, JAS

Laurie said...

Congratulations Terry! You made it!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your journey on this blog and coming to N.Y.

You have become a very special friend who has shown me the way to travel a very difficult road.

You're Done!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

Thank God!

:)
((Great Big HUGS!))
Love
Laurie

My Other Blog said...

Congratulations! I knew you'd make it, and it is going to be worth it in the long term.
Here's to SVR!
MYS/uc

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your long fought noble battle!

Me said...

Congratulations! Excellent blog post as well.

kodai's mom: masako said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Starwtich said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the recovery side! Move on and live your life. It's great to be off treatment mentaly and physically.
Love, hugs, kisses
Tea

PATSY said...

Congrats Terry. Now on to SVR! I've enjoyed your stories - thanks for sharing your journey with me.
Patsy xo

Anonymous said...

You did it Terry! On to life and SVR. Fingers will be crossed for you!

CC

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ijyfefitac.lookseekpages.com/kyxebic.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ydoxeqidy.dreamstation.com/katihi.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
It gets down to select a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.