Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday, April 6th 332/336

Today I got rousted out of bed at 8:00 this morning and we went to the walk to Golden Gate Bridge and back and then off to breakfast. Too many days of getting up too early made me so tired I actually wanted to cry.

Now, for the highlight of the week. M and I took my 1999 Ford Ranger pick up truck and we motored over to the Getty’s like a couple of hicks going to see Obama at the Getty’s soiree. I told M that if Warren Buffet could drive a pickup truck, then so could I. When we got there, security wasn’t all that tight and I picked up my nametag. At this point an interesting thing happened, M’s tag read “Lee Wife”. That went over big.

The source of the Getty’s wealth is that they inherited the Getty oil fortune. Getty oil was broken up in the 30's into six different Standard Oil companies, I guess what I’m trying to say is, these people ain’t poor. Their house is actually 2 houses, joined together and modeled after a Venetian palazzo. It is at least 20,000 square feet and incredibly ostentatious. The parlor was totally covered in Monet and Pisarro oil paintings along with many other artists of equal status.

So here comes Obama. He looks and talks as cool as he his youthful image allows. This guy is going to be very hard to beat in November. He pretty much said that he had the nomination wrapped up as follows. He has won twice as many states as Hillary; He has an insurmountable delegate lead. He said that the worst case is that they split the balance of the votes. The real kicker is that since the California primary, he has picked up 72 super delegates and Hilary has lost 5. It’s pretty much do the math and he promises to have it done and the party reunited by June 3rd.

One thing that really impressed me about his oratory is that he said he wasn’t running for ego, he was running for the work that needs to be done.

On the way out, I passed a black San Francisco policeman and I said, That man is really cool, he smiled at me with a sense of pride that I haven’t seen in a long time, it was that hope that Obama keeps talking about. M and I were very pleased to be able to experience this event.

All is well and bye for now…Go Bama!

Photo by M

3 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Details - I need more details! Did you or Lee Wife shake Obama's hand? Then I could say I shook the hand of someone who shook the hand...you know...
June 3rd, OK, I'll just avoid TV, the internet and newspapers - anywhere I could possibly see Hillary's big, fat ass - until it's over.

Anonymous said...

of course you know..........when the meds wear off you most likely go back to being a conservative republican.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!

What an incredible experience all the way around!

And way to go on the pick-up! LOL.

Marsha