Sunday, April 20, 2008

Post TX-week 2 Sunday

It's so good to be alive again, it's hard to imagine how sick I was until I'm able to look back on it. I feel great and I'm about 90% recovered. I get about 6 mild reminders of where I have been but it's easy and no big deal.

On Friday, I flew to Chicago, got off the plane and walked on the next one and off to NYC we went. I stayed at the La Guardia Marriot an watched a movie and went to sleep. Saturday morning, I had room service breakfast and went back to bed until 10:30. I put on my subway clothes and took the M60 bus to 125th & Lex and then hopped on the subway and got off @ 59th Street. On the M60 part of the ride, I had a conversation with some young adults who were trying to rent a car. I mentioned in passing that they would need a drivers license and they were very surprised. Really? Yes really, no kidding. They thanked me and went on their way. At 59th street I realized that I had popped up in the middle of the pope's visit to Saint Patrick's. The whole town was shut down and the security was unbelievable. Hellicopters, snipers and 4 loaded dump trucks blocking every cross town intersection. I finally saw the pope drive by in the pope mobile. I must say it was very exciting to watch all the people and experience the event.

I next went to the subway and went to Soho and walked around. I went to lazaro Jewelers but noting caught my eye. I went to a bar to use the restroom and they said it was for customers only. OK, here's $5.00. When I came out he had given me a soda water and I decided to stay and read my book for an hour. Next, I took the subway to Penn station and then off to Chatham. NJ to visit my brother, my sisinL and my neice and nephew, Andrew and Hanna. We went to dinnr and then we sat on the porch and talked and then went to bed.

Today we went to Stabuck's and then we came home and read the NY Times. Off to dinner and then home. Tomorrow I'm back in Manhattan and then Tuesday, I rent a car and I drive to Laurie and Jimmy's for our "Drinks on Obama" day at their pub called the End of the Road Grill.

I drive back to NYC on Wednesday and then I fly back to Sacto on Thursday. My goal this trip is to never take a cab and so far it's working well. I feel like I'm a new man living a new life.

All is well and by for now

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow you sound Great! You're really getting around aren't you!

I can't wait to see you tomorrow! I won't get out of work until 5pm but I'm sure that Jimmy and the Roads End crew will entertain you.

I might run a few minutes later because I think I'll stop to pickup some balloons on my way home.

Have a safe trip in.

By the way, did Jimmy give you his cell phone number so that you can reach him when you get to Hazleton?

Be Safe my friend!

((Hugs))
Love,
Laurie

Me said...

You do sound great! I'm so happy you've picked up so quickly after tx!

someone said...

Sounds like me when I finished .... it's good to get it all behind you and feel well.... maybe you got a blessing from the Pope as he went past.... stay well Terry...

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!