Saturday, May 03, 2008

Post TX-week 4 Saturday

It seems that my recovery from treatmant is proceeding the same way my treatment did. No sides in the beginning and then they start. What I have is tx light and it's no biggie. I can go all day without a nap and I have a lot of energy. Physically, I'm still off the pace but that's to be expected. What I feel is like having a very mild flu that comes and goes. After treatment, this is a walk in the park.

My trip to SF was a blast and I went to see my daughter's new house and visit with my grand daughter who is so cute. Lunch with Jonathan and Grethen at Zuni. Jonathan is fighting with Blue Cross to treat his stage 3 hep C liver fibrosis. They love taking the premiums but they hate writing the checks

Today, my daughter and my grand sons came to visit and we have been having a great time swimming in the river and then in the pool. Magda Jonesed and had a cup of coffee today and she didn't get cookoo.

I can't wait for my daughter Jenna to have her baby as we're closer and we should spend more time with he/she.

My car is for sale at a car show near here and I haven't had any phone calls. Whole Foods is empty and the restaurants are bare. This recession is going to be long and hard.

All is well and bye for now

Zuni Restaurant

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Recovery takes some time - and you've been doing a lot more than I did - trips to NYC, PA, SF - it can be exhausting. Let yourself rest as often as your body demands it. By the time you're 3 months post-tx you'll feel almost completely better.
Hope there weren't any food riots at Whole Foods...perhaps we should stock up on canned goods.

Rose said...

Terry you are sounding so much better. It gives me hope!
Take Care
Rose

Me said...

It's good to know what to expect after treatment. Thank you for keeping us updated.

I, too, worried about having tx approved through my insurance. It took forever. You're so right, they take our premiums, but don't like to pay when their turn comes around. I hope tx is affordable through his insurance. Right now even with insurance mine runs around $400 a month, give or take a few dollars depending on how many times I have to visit my fool nurse.

Me said...

I'm also worried about the recession.

Ron and I decided to fill our flower gardens with fruits and vegetables this year. I've been trying to learn how to home-can foods, but it isn't easy.

We live in a rural area, so we've found we can get access to fresh foods from local farms. It's just a pain initially to hunt them down. They do sell cheaper than a chain store though, and I have no doubt they're healthier being grown locally.