Sunday, May 18, 2008

Post TX-week 6 Sunday

We were able to sell Magda's 2004 BMW in one day at the swap meet at Sierra college. The next day I went out shopping for a new Prius. I went to the dealer in our area and they only had 5 of them. They had 4 white and a black. They said they could get one in my choice of 3 colors in about a month so I went on the list. I ended getting one in 4 days and it came with a 2K factory discount. The real surprise is how much M and I like it. It gets 45 miles to a gallon and it is surprisingly roomy and comfortable. It has 2 gears, forward and reverse and an on board computer that is incredible. All in all I put it right up there with the Iphone in innovation.

M and I and Cindy came to SF Saturday and we all had a lot of fun. Last night we walked up to North Beach for a great dinner at De Luchi and this morning we went to the New Morning Cafe in Belvedere for breakfast with the dogs. Afterwards we went to the Golden gate National Seashore for a hike. Our friend Cindy has vertigo and she was walking on the cliffs like she was drunk, we all had a great laugh.

I'm in SF till Wednesday, with lunch with the boys on Monday. My friend Jonathan has started his Hepsie treatment on Thursday and he is doing really well so far. We will go to lunch at Zuni on Wednesday.

All is well and bye for now


The babies at one week

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What color Prius did you get? Is one of those babies LuLu?

My Other Blog said...

Is Jonathan the friend who was turned down for treatment B4? I'd buy a Prius to replace my gas guzzling PT-Cruiser, but the PT is paid off and I really like not having car payments! Sounds like you're really getting back to normal fast.

Terry Lee said...

The Prius is blue and one of the babies is Lucy.

Jonathan was never turned down, they just kept saying he needed more paper work, so I guess that's a yes. It's been awfully quiet over there?

Laurie said...

WOOOHOOOO Terry and Magda got the Prius!

New car....new puppy on the way...and you're getting over tx so nicely!

Life is so good for the both of you!! Jimmy and I are very happy for you!

And the puppies are adorable! I bet Magda can't wait to get her home.

You'll have to post a pic of the car so we can see it!

Tell Jonathan that we hope his time with tx goes easy. He's got the best teacher possible in you.

Enjoy!
((Hugs))
Laurie

Rose said...

Terry, you do sound like you are detoxing from tx very well.

It must be so great to be getting back to having a life.

Take Care
Rose