Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Post TX-week 5 Wednesday

Today is the last day of week 5. My recovery continues to go well, I'm still a little fatigued and physically, I can't do a lot of exercise before I have to stop. Otherwise, I feel so much better.

My cholestorol has shot up 65 points to 231 since I have stopped the drugs. This is after being between 140 and 170 for the last 5 years and being a vegetarian for as long as well. I went to my new GP and was not impressed. He just shinned it on and it was as though he couldn't get me out of the office soon enough. He showed no interest in discussing the situation and knew less about Hepsie than I do. I think I need a female doctor as they seem to listen better and they aren't afraid to spend some time with you.

I had my 1 month post tx bloods a week ago and I am not going to call to get the results, what I don't know won't hurt me.

And now for the good news....Tada! we are getting another Cavilier Spaniel puppy. She was born Monday and we are going to name her Lucy. We will drive up to Oregon July 25th to pick her up.

All is well and bye for now

Our new Baby Lucy with her mom Windi on the left

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Oh, how cute!!! I hope Billy adapts to being a big brother instead of an 'only dog.'

Terry Lee said...

We babysat a puppy a puppy this weekend and Billy liked it so we think it will be OK.

Laurie said...

The virus isn't going to come back for you! You don't need to worry because you've kicked it's ass!

It's so nice to hear that you're coming off of tx so well. You sound wonderful!

Lucy is beautiful! Once she's up and romping around, she'll help Billy burn off some of his extra energy. When I've had dogs I always had 2. They keep each other company and wear each other out. They seem so much happier in pairs. Billy is going to love it!!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Awww, I think you'll absolutely LOVE your new little gal. Congratulations!

Marsha