Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Post tx-week 17 Wednesday

We just finished our trip to pick up our new puppy and it was a lot of fun. We left last Wednesday and drove to the Oregon border and we spent the night on my friend Jesse's land. He has 360 acres which has been in his family since they homesteaded it back in the 1880's. The land has no running water or electricity and it has bears and rattlesnakes. Billy and Magda were not happy campers and Billy went and waited by the car at 5 in the morning and M was right behind him at 6. Strange behavior from M as she has always told me what a whoosh I was for not liking to camp. While we were there, my friend and his buddy got really shit housed and we all took turns shooting his pistol. I'm glad I got that out of my system.

The next day we were off to Eugene Oregon with a stop at the Starbuck's in Ashland along the way. We got to Eugene and had a nice hotel and we washed up and went over to Linda's house to pick up our new puppy Lola. What a cutie, so small. Billy is not happy but getting better every day.

The next day we drove to the Oregon coast and had a beautiful hike along the way. We spent the night in Coos Bay, a real shit hole, skip it if you ever head that way.

The next day we headed to Eureka with several stops at really beautiful beaches along the way. The hotel in Eureka was quite nice and the town has a real Starbuck's so it as the TL seal of approval.

The next day we headed to Mendocino and spent the night there. For some reason, the town is over run with hippies who are really just dope addict bums.

Next day, it was of to SF for an over night and the next day we drove home.

We walked in to our newly painted home and it looks really nice. M actually apologized for being so nasty before she ever saw it. She loves it!

All is well and bye for now.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

What a Nice Drive! I love nice long drives with all the little adventures!

Lola is such a cutie!! Congratulations! You finally have her home! :)

You sound great Terry!

You continue to be an inspiration! Thank you.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

kodai's mom: masako said...

Welcome back guys!! Can't wait to see the new puppy and the new wall!
I am still very pregnant!!!! :((((

My Other Blog said...

Oh, she's so cute! How can Billy not love her?

Me said...

Lola is a beauty.

I'm afraid I'd have been with Billy and M on the camping adventure. I just don't know if I could have done it either.

I do hope Billy adjusts to Lola in time. It's hard after having been an only child.