Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Post tx-week 19 Wednesday

Last week was busy for M and I. My daughter had a beautiful baby girl and she named her Jessica. She is really cute, aren't all the babies, and she is mother and child are doing great. We went to see her on Saturday and we ran out of gas on the way back to Carmichael from Martinez. How does one run out of gas in a Prius one asks? Well, they are notorius for doing this as they have a diaphram in the gas tank which expands and contracts. You either get 550 miles on 11.9 gallons(tank) or, in our case, you get 478 with 1.2 gallons left in the tank(based on refill amount). So, when it gets on the low side don't take any chances.

TVB came back from Thailand and he is building me a new paint studio space while we're gone. He is also taking care of the house, the garden and the dogs. We have all fallen in love with Lola.

My storage shed came on Monday and I had noend to the problems I encountered with Tuff-Shed. True idiots, the shed is done and it looks great and will do us well. They still owe me a 10 foot shelf and I have my doubts about my ever getting it.

M and I are off to Alaska today for 10 days of wilderness camping. It's ironic in that the clothes and the back packs and the luggage cost more than the whole friggin trip. We come back on the 31st and on September 9th we go to NYC for a week..Any takers for lunch?

All is well and bye for now.

6 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby - she looks just like you! ;-}
Hopefully she'll grow some hair!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to meet her before you go on all your trips.
I love you

Me said...

You're right grandpa, the baby is a beauty. (But no, being a biased grandma myself, I would say they all aren't. )

Rose said...

A new baby! Such a wonder!

You look healthy TerryLee.

Enjoy your trip.
Take Care
Rose

kodai's mom: masako said...

Congratulations!! wow, she is pretty close birthdate with my daughter!
Please say Congratulation to Jenna as well!
We will see you when you guys come back from Alaska!

Laurie said...

WOW Congratulations Grandpa!!!!!!!!

That's so awesome! You must be tickled!

Mom and baby look beautiful.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie