Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday, September 28th, 2008

Hi ya all, since it's 6 months post treatment and I have gotten the good news that I am cured and for all intents and purposes it seems my Hep C adventure has come to an end. I'm too lazy to change the name so I'll just continue posting to the blog for the sake of ease and familiarity. The heading will be the days date.

Big haps in the neighborhood yesterday. An irate McCain supporter tore down 2 Obama signs on our block and left neo-nazi, neo-conservative literature in their place. One of the signs was mine. As I was walking out my door in the morning the sheriff pulled up and said he'd like to make a report. I asked who called and he said a pedestrian walking by made the call. I did the police report and was on my way. Last night, when I turned on the news, there was my sign and my house and my neighbor's house and 2 of my neighbors being interviewed. We were a featured story(slow news day?) What a surprise!

This is the link to the news story:

http://cbs13.com/local/carmichael.obama.campaign.2.827465.html

I responded to the incident by putting the sign back up along with a sign of my own. I suspect that it was someone in the neighborhood as this is really an "out of the way place" and very few people wander by here.

M and I go to SF on Thursday for a special event on Friday and then on Saturday we're off to Dubai and India.

All is well and bye for now

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sort of thing happened here some years ago, turned out to be a former supporter of the person whos sign they defaced. I think that sort of thing could sway undecided to vote for Obama. GREAT "homemade sign" reminds me of something I would have done! LOL you know my history of signs..

My Other Blog said...

Great sign! I hope someone protects your signs while you're gone. You'll be back in time for the election, won't you?