Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December 17th, 2008




I'm finally caught up enough to do a post. Two months on the road is tough on a body. I've been in SF for 5 days getting my loft ready for a 10 DAY Christmas rental. This year is so much better than last year's. Last year I was on week 27 of a rough bout of chemo therapy. I lost it and moved out of the house in Carmichael so that I could finish my tx alone. Thank god that time is behind me and further thanks that I was fortunate enough to be cured. My trial group (1) only had a 38% cure rate so I am very fortunate indeed.

This year has been so much different. I'm enjoying Christmas, I'm married the most wonderful woman in the world and I have traveled to the world's 4 corners. Given all the trouble in the economy and the world I'm still very optimistic for the future. Why, I don't really know, I guess it's just my nature. I went from all cash to 100% in stocks about a month ago, my advisor thinks I'm nuts but I believe that this is the greatest buying oppurtunity of my lifetime, so boys and girls, hunk it in and sit back and reap the rewards.

All is well and buy for now--------HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!

6 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Hi Terry & Magda - Glad to hear life is looking so much better for you this year. Did you ever finish that painting you did on treatment? I was thinking you could make prints of it and sell them to benefit a Hep charity - smaller prints.
I'm wishing you and your bride a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and I've gotten over - finally - not being invited to the wedding!
MYS

Me said...

Congratulations on the wedding! It's good to have you back on blog. I've missed you both.

I'm so happy to hear you're energetic and positive, and that all is going well for you. I'd be jealous, but that just wouldn't do. I really am happy for you.

My tx failed as I had a "breakthrough" at the last minute, but I am pleased to know that there is hope out there.

Merry Christmas to you both.

Oh, and by the way, I think you're genious in your investment if you can weather out the next two years financially. I believe you're 100% correct in your ideas in this.

Honestly, our economy could use more forward thinking risk takers like yourself if folks could or can afford to do so. People such as myself can't afford to lose their monies with the investments, but were I in some other position I'd be buying stock like crazy.

When you start seeing that return you'll have to let us all know and gloat a bit at your wisdom. I suspect you'll see drips of hope in about two years time, prior to that you'll be on a roller coaster ride with a panic now and again. I suspect in 5-10 years you'll make yourself quite proud.

My Other Blog said...

I stopped buying stocks in my 401K plan - all new money is going into cash.
I was thinking of puttng the new money in my grandaughters 529 plan into a bond fund.
My third idea is my mattress....

pixie said...

Welcome home and Merry Christmas from Px & Jb..XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Laurie said...

Merry Christmas Terry and Magda!

PSPam said...

Happy Holidays Terry and Magda! Just caught your post. Hope you wind up RICH at the end of a few years :-) Glad to hear you are still clear of the virus and have your glass MORE than half full!

Peace